Who doesn’t love muffins? How about adding a healthy twist to your recipe by replacing sugar with delicious raw honey? Here’s a recipe that is sure to win the hearts of those who are madly in love with autumn’s finest: pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and pecans. Yum!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg freshly ground if possible
- 1/4 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
Preheat oven at 350°F and line a muffin tin with paper liners. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Use a mixer to beat butter for 2 minutes and add honey, egg, and pumpkin. Beat until combined, about 1 minute. Then, add the flour progressively and mix until there are no more flour streaks remaining. Add pecans and then scoop the batter into muffin cups. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Place muffins on wire rack, you can serve them warm or cold with a spoon of honey. Enjoy!