Are you looking for a tasty autumn treat? Look no further, because we’ve found the perfect recipe that’s super healthy and low in calories. This side dish pairs well with the traditional Thanksgiving turkey or a Christmas ham. The joyful color combo of majestically yellow squash and rich cranberries will put a smile on your face as you enjoy your meal.
- 3 lb. large butternut squash (peeled + chopped)
- 1-2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- 1-2 cups fresh cranberries or as much as you need
- 2-3 TBSP honey plus extra to taste
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled feta
- ground cinnamon to taste
- fresh or dried parsley to garnish, optional
Pre-heat the oven at 400 degrees F. Add olive oil to a baking sheet and toss the cubed squash with an extra drizzle of olive oil. Next, add condiments to taste: salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bake the squash for 25 minutes, then pull it out to add in fresh cranberries. Then, return the pan to the oven for another 10-15 minutes until the cranberries are done. Add cinnamon along with feta and raw honey. Sprinkle some chopped parsley for a touch of color and voila! Your seasonal side dish is ready.
TIP: You can use dried cranberries for the recipe and the taste will be sweeter.